Photo by YAKOBCHUK VIACHESLAV / Shutterstock.com
If you’re searching for a spring vacation destination, don’t overlook Eureka Springs, Arkansas. This hidden gem is home to a Victorian resort village — and the best bargain hotel in the U.S., according to TripAdvisor’s latest annual Travelers’ Choice awards for hotels.
The Trails Inn in Eureka Springs — which charges $67 a night, on average — was one of two U.S. hotels to finish among the top 10 bargain hotels in the world.
The Escape Inn in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts, was the other U.S. hotel to make the list of the top 10 bargain hotels worldwide. It charges $110 per night, on average.
TripAdvisor’s rankings are based on “millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide,” according to the travel site.
All of the top 10 bargain hotels for 2019 are:
- Hotel Lurdeia, Bermeo, Spain
- Pax Guest House, Dingle, Ireland
- The Elm Tree, Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
- Doonmore Hotel, Inishbofin, Ireland
- Riverside Oasis Villa, Hoi An, Vietnam
- The Trails Inn, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- Hotel Villa Sirena, Casamicciola Terme, Italy
- Popular Residence Hotel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- The Escape Inn, South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
- Dar Hafsa, Fez, Morocco
The best hotels in other categories include:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica — Top hotel worldwide
- French Quarter Inn, Charleston, South Carolina — Top U.S. hotel
- The Inn at Lost Creek, Mountain Village, Colorado — Best hotel for service in the U.S.
- H2O Suites Hotel, Key West, Florida — Best hotel for romance in the U.S.
- Ikos Oceania, Nea Moudania, Greece — Best all-inclusive resort worldwide
Finding the best hotel bargains
Wherever you plan to stay on your next vacation, you can probably trim your costs — easily.
For example, if you’re 50 or older, don’t forget to explore senior discounts like those we detail in “10 Hotels That Give Price Breaks to Seniors.”
There are even ways to land free lodging. Just check out:
- “10 Ways to Score Free Lodging for Your Next Vacation“
- “Adventurous? 5 Ways You Can Travel the World for Free“
What is your favorite hotel? Let us know in comments below or on our Facebook page.